Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a delayed start today due to a tipped semi on 285 between Jefferson and Fairplay.Hope the trucker was alright..Looked like he slipped on his side for close to a 100 yards.. ..Was a windy mofo coming down Kenosha today..I knew we were gonna be in for a piss windy day from jump. Met alpinefiisher at the North Lot a little after 7. We ventured out to point just North of the hill of death. Was set up all of 2 minutes in 9fow and nailed a 15"bobo right off the bat..This was setting up to be an epic day for sure...Alpinefisher got on the board shortly thereafter with his own compliment of bobo love! The wind started howling making fishing entertaining to say the least..Reminded me of the Giants-Redskins NFC title game from back in the day..Stuff flying everywhere..My chair, Af's cooler lid, dudes parka that was set up about 100 yards from us(fish gods will remember that I hope..He didnt try to retrieve )...I ended up with 7-8 bows and AF with 4-5..All my fish were caught on root beer colored paddlebug tipped with waxie..Dont know what AF caught his on..We didnt move at all once the wind kicked up, pretty much stayed in the same spot..Would have sucked to even try to move in that wind..Damned sleds were pulling us back to the parking lot!! Not the best banner Antero day but I done a hell of alot worse before!!

Was fun fishing with you again Alpinefisher!!!

4 year streak alive and kicking..

Not so photogenic bows

Bobos

My biggest of the day

Scenery

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Not a day to have the hut up, that's for sure. Sucked big time! Thought it was going to end up at 11-Mile! The ice cube and huts like it aren't too wind friendly. Only one corner flap has a grommet in it and I plan on getting a grommet tool and putting them in the other corners. I had all the side straps secured and the bottom kept wanting to blow in anyway. Top 5 wind day!! :(

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
hooker said:
nice job Stan. We were behind a truck that almost went over coming home yesterday.
We bailed on Kenosha last night too and returned via Hwy 24. Nice job, Stan. Rootbeer was your color, eh? We flailed for hours, then went orange and cleaned up. Any more ice heaves?

I have to work for the next eight days, have 1 day off with dr. appt (can't miss) and front row center tickets for Blue Man, then prolly another 5 days work... won't be able to get up there for a while... can't wait to get back.

Drive safe and happy fishing. I keep thinking I want one of those kite boards for the trip back to the car! ;)

·
Registered
731 Posts
fishingal said:
hooker said:
nice job Stan. We were behind a truck that almost went over coming home yesterday.
We bailed on Kenosha last night too and returned via Hwy 24. Nice job, Stan. Rootbeer was your color, eh? We flailed for hours, then went orange and cleaned up. Any more ice heaves?

I have to work for the next eight days, have 1 day off with dr. appt (can't miss) and front row center tickets for Blue Man, then prolly another 5 days work... won't be able to get up there for a while... can't wait to get back.

Drive safe and happy fishing. I keep thinking I want one of those kite boards for the trip back to the car! ;)
you guys go out on that crazy ice and you are scared of a little wind?..haha..now that i see the picks you posted you guys walked right by us and your husband yelled to me..."i love my GPS"...i got me a new spot to try.. >:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts