Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Ok I am not a bass guy...dont you just put a hook in the middle?...do you need a tool for that?!...wonder if it comes with instructions?!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have used one similar and it works great. Kinda hard to knock it if you haven't tried it.

Once the O ring is in place you just run the hook under the o ring and not through the bait (saves the bait from being destroyed). On most hook-ups the actual bait (senko) will slide up the hook and line and stays out of the way.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
ChiefManyRises said:
I have used one similar and it works great. Kinda hard to knock it if you haven't tried it.

Once the O ring is in place you just run the hook under the o ring and not through the bait (saves the bait from being destroyed). On most hook-ups the actual bait (senko) will slide up the hook and line and stays out of the way.
I saw on a bass show the guy said the pros use rubber bands from braces...you can go to an orthodontist and get them for free...lets you reuse the same senko many times before it is destroy...

and thanks for the explanation Chief!...

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
When I pitch around docks back home I use a 1/16th oz jig with a wide gap to get it to sink a little faster sometimes. A Owner Mosquito Hook in #1 size is a great Wacky rig hook for Senkos which are heavy enough on their own merit and don't need to be weighted.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
EYE_chaser said:
The_Mad_Catter™ said:
I hate wacky riggin'
why do you say that?
Because there are more effective presentations/lure choices out there. Last summer, on days when I found the wacky rig was working, I stopped pitching it immediatley and started throwing whatever I could think of. I came up with a magical combo that would work whenever the wacky rig would work. Now I dont have to wacky rig :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
The_Mad_Catter™ said:
EYE_chaser said:
The_Mad_Catter™ said:
I hate wacky riggin'
why do you say that?
Because there are more effective presentations/lure choices out there. Last summer, on days when I found the wacky rig was working, I stopped pitching it immediatley and started throwing whatever I could think of. I came up with a magical combo that would work whenever the wacky rig would work. Now I dont have to wacky rig :)

do tell ? ;D

·
Registered
526 Posts
Fishlip; I've got extensive experience with the Powerbait Heavyweights. They are incredibly durable and wacky rig well. They skip like a champ too, so they're perfect for dock fishing. I fished them at Amistad last year to reach deep fish (like 40+ feet) on an 1/8oz jighead. When I tried a heavier jighead I snagged constantly; the light jighead coupled with the Heavyweight worm got down fast enough, but not so fast as to snag, and I filled my day 3 limit with it. CL

1 - 20 of 30 Posts