Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have a holein my waders. Last time I got in the water I was wet and freezing. I bought aqua seal and am now trying to figure out how to do the repair. I was told the easiest way to check where the hole is is to spray the inside with rubbing alcohol and then the hole will show through. But, I put my waders in the bathtub and filled em up just to see of that worked and I couldn't really identify any specific holes but there seemed to be water coming through the seam. Would it be a bad idea to just aquaseal the whole seam just in case? Is there a better way to find out where the hole is? I'd like to have my waders ready for going to granby this Saturday so I can tube

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Did you turn the waders inside out , then fill them up with water?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
You could also turn them inside out and shine a flash light in them with the lights off, may work without turning them inside out. It won't hurt to put some on the seams just in case, I did the same thing earlier this season. I didn't have faith in aqua seal the first time I used it and have since been proved wrong! Great stuff

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Another product that works great for wader repair is Vyna Bond. It comes in 12 OZ cans with a brush applicator. It is used for raft repair and attaching d ring patches to rafts etc. It is similar to rubber cement. I tore a fist sized whole in my waders on a piece of metal. Went home and cannabalized a old rain jacket for patch material. Glued that down and it worked perfect. Still had a bunch of pinhole leaks on the ass and seams. So I painted the stuff onto the ass and seams and was able to get a 5th year out of the cheap cabelas waders I had.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts