Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a contact for someone who does wader repairs. I have two neoprene and two regular waders with small leaks and would like to salvage them if I could?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trust me, I've tried. I must have 6 kits in the fish room now but the problem is finding the leaks. I've tried the flashlight and blow them up routines as best I can but not with any success.
Maybe this is a business opportunity for one of the young guy's out there?
Bill

·
Registered
910 Posts
•Simms' website recommends turning the waders inside-out and using rubbing alcohol to locate the leaks. They suggest applying the alcohol with a cotton ball, but John Hagen says he uses a spray bottle. "You can do it a lot quicker that way," says John. "Just spray the rubbing alcohol on the inside of the waders.

It evaporates faster where there's a leak, and that area turns dark." Use a permanent marker (Sharpie, Identi-pen, etc.) to mark the dark spots. When the alcohol has evaporated and the fabric is dry, put a dab of Aquaseal on the spot.

One problem with this approach is that some wader brands use dark fabric on the inside, which makes it hard to tell where the alcohol is getting darker. If you use a spray bottle, don't saturate the fabric; just get it slightly damp.

same info from orvis except they say to turn back right-side out to look for the dark spot.
http://www.orvis.com/intro.aspx?subject=744

1 - 5 of 5 Posts