Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been fishing for years in hip boots on small streams. I need to get a new wading system for these days. Does anyone have a recommendations? How about the discontinued Cloudveil Hellroaring pants? Any experience with them?
Thanks, Jerry

·
Registered
179 Posts
serious reply,
i have the hodgman guide pants and they are very durable.i have worn hodgman for years.50 -60 days on the water each year.no problems
redington is suppose to be coming out with a new line of waders.they also have waist highs.a friend of mine in the industry says they are top notch

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
They are super comfortable (pants vs. waders)... if they are going to be your main waders, I would get good ones... Simms, claudville or Pattys.... I don't know if Wright McGill makes any, but if they do, I would try em over the Hodgemans...

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I have the W&M guide waders. Double layer on the knees and butt. I got a steller deal on them. BUT, I really like them and they are great when I wear them convertable too. Great warranty and right here in Denver.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've been using the waist highs now for about 10 years and I love them. Had the Cabelas ones for a while and then bought Simms before I went on my Alaska trip two years ago. I've never even changed the convertible Simms into the full length, for me I just don't need that. I always seem to get water over the top of hip boots for some reason.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't have much to compare to being relatively new to this, but I got the LL Bean waist waders this last season and thought they were great so far. No leaks and a satisfaction guarantee.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Boy, I'd still lean you towards the W&M's too. Hubby has them and they're really quite nice. The belt you get with them is $60 from vendors like Simms. And if you're in metro Denver and have a warranty issue - just travel right over to I-70 and Colorado, and they'll take care of you right there. No having to ship them somewhere else. The new fabric is very nice and light, comfortable, and great reinforcement on knees and seat. Nicely fitted neoprene booties, too.

You'll wonder why you wasted all that time in those hip boots, man. No more kneeling down and getting your pants soaked! ;)

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Did W&M come out with a new model lately? I found some on closeout for $139, and I want to make sure they aren't an older model.

What about the booties. I'm thin with big feet. A large is as big as I can go without looking like Bozo the Clown. The large have a 10-12 size bootie, and my feet are 13. Do the booties run a little big? (hopefully)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts