Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Wal-mart on powers and Palmer park in the springs is turning into Sams club without the discounts......I get about damn-near assaulted when I leave that place by the greeter who wants to check my receipt, even for a single bagged item.....

Anyone eles's Wal-mart like this? I'm gonna start shopping elsewhere.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
They were getting very aggressive about checking receipts and going through bags here, I stopped and told them to just call the cops if they thought I was stealing, got quite a reaction. Now they are profiling and just checking certain people.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Call the cops. :D :D :D

Shocked they didn't to be honest. I've never had them check my bag and receipt at wally world unless the magnetic alarm went off. Seriously I'm fine with it cause if it helps to keep folks more honest, theft will be down and it'll keep prices down. If you don't like it, you have the ability to take your money elsewhere.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
If everyone would quit shopping at that hell hole maybe, just maybe they would go away! What a pile of crap company Wal-crap is!

Jim

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I only get checked if I have a large item that isnt in a bag.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
baetisrun1 said:
If everyone would quit shopping at that hell hole maybe, just maybe they would go away! What a pile of crap company Wal-crap is!

Jim
My sentiments exactly. Not only do they run small business owners out, their prices aren't what they used to be either.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Since they have already run most of the competition out over here, I am very limited on my choices. The food from the dollar store just doesn't taste right for some reason ???

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FLYFISHGEEK said:
Since they have already run most of the competition out over here, I am very limited on my choices. The food from the dollar store just doesn't taste right for some reason ???
Don't forget to lump the other chains in the mix, all of them have the same agenda....

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
FLYFISHGEEK said:
They were getting very aggressive about checking receipts and going through bags here, I stopped and told them to just call the cops if they thought I was stealing, got quite a reaction. Now they are profiling and just checking certain people.
You have a problem showing your receipt to a greeter at the door?

§uper Off Topic Guy said:
ePiC said:
Grow your beard out longer and then see if they profile you more often. :D :D
Your beard? Really? Grow up, and stop complaining over such BS as showing your receipt to a greeter. There are more important things to ***** about in the world than this.

Profiling? Yeah, they should just stop and check everyone! Then you'd ***** about having to stand in line to leave. I think its sad that people cant be honest enough to want to show their receipt at any establishment as they leave, and not complain. Put yourself in their shoes.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
discloco said:
ePiC said:
Grow your beard out longer and then see if they profile you more often. :D :D
Your beard? Really? Grow up, and stop complaining over such BS as showing your receipt to a greeter. There are more important things to ***** about in the world than this.

Profiling? Yeah, they should just stop and check everyone! Then you'd ***** about having to stand in line to leave. I think its sad that people cant be honest enough to want to show their receipt at any establishment as they leave, and not complain. Put yourself in their shoes.
Apparently you missed my previous comments.

Call the cops. :D :D :D

Shocked they didn't to be honest. I've never had them check my bag and receipt at wally world unless the magnetic alarm went off. Seriously I'm fine with it cause if it helps to keep folks more honest, theft will be down and it'll keep prices down. If you don't like it, you have the ability to take your money elsewhere.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
I never understood the Wal-Mart bashing. Who goes into business to not make money? Wal-Mart = Capitalism at it's finest.

Great business plan, and steady growth. How can you hate on that?

As far as the door greeters hounding you for your receipt....shoot, they're always like 90 anyway...just push them down, then point and laugh at them... :D

Re: the above statement; http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Mrwigglestheworm said:
I never understood the Wal-Mart bashing. Who goes into business to not make money? Wal-Mart = Capitalism at it's finest.

Great business plan, and steady growth. How can you hate on that?
Let's not forget that they're the largest non-government employer in the country. ;)

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
I can't front. I'm at walmart at least once a week. Just can't get some things other places and for that cheap...

I definitely try to avoid getting food there though...I'm a big King Soopers fan.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I go to Wal-Mart about once a week...damn, I wish I had all of the treasure I've left at their stores!
I'm an honest guy and would not think of stealing. When anyone wants to check my reciept against my purchases when leaving any store I'm a bit taken aback, especially if I didn't set off any theft alarms.
It's degrading to me that they think I merit a shakedown after I just spent money in their store.
If anyone wants to check my receipt I fish it out of the bag, crumble it up, throw it on the floor in front of them and then stand back a glare at them.
They get what they give.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
My buddy is a manager of their meat department, won't say which store, but he even tells me get your meat elsewhere. Their meat is not cut or prepared there so whatever is "fresh" somewhere else, you can add up to a week to walmarts stuff.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
As in most cases in life, it's a small group of individuals that ruins it for the rest...i.e airport security, providing I.D for everything, wal-mart receipt checking.......zman's retirement.... :D :D

1 - 20 of 57 Posts