Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished on Sunday from about 3-6 caught one big lm on a spinner, and nothing else. NIce day to be out though, anyone know of some good lures for these ponds, they seem really nice, but I didnt see anyone catching anything, may be a little early. Tight lines

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Thanks for the report and welcome to the site.

When there is NO wind I like to fish a Senko type bait for Bass. If the wind is up I throw a Carolina riged craw or lizard. Like you said it is ALITTLE early but that doesnt mean you cant catch them

-Jay

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Jig and pig. Or you could try a jig and pig. :) And like Jay said, a senko can be real good if theres no strong wind. And a sus. jerk. IMHO, these are the only 3 baits you will need for early season pond fishing for bass. Ed

·
Registered
472 Posts
I fished Sawhill last Saturday. Got there late in the afternoon and it was a bit crowded. Sunfish and a few smaller bass were active but didn't see any big bass shallow. Search baits (spinnerbait and fluke mostly) didn't get anything on the ponds I usually fish.

Managed to pull a few larger (8") sunfish and one stocky 14" largemouth from pond 1B, throwing a 4" senko.

Tough going, should have started a lot earlier.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I love Sawhill. Caught my biggest bass from one of the ponds in March of '91. Long time ago, but I'll never forget it. Maybe I need to return during the week to avoid crowds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts