Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed over to these ponds at about 6am on Sat. and Sunday. Only had one hour to fish on Saturday. With the overcast skies and cooler weather the fish moved off/out of the grass a bit and I managed to get 5 fish on jig'n'pig. Biggest was 16".

Sunday was simply unbelievable. Caught 12 bass in 2 hours, including one stretch where I caught 4 fish in 7 casts to the same spot. Both days the fish were very active and on Sunday after having two fish inhale a 5" Yum Dinger worm, I switched to a shallow running crankbait and that's when things really started to go off. Biggest fish on Sunday was only 16" again, but still, the action was unbeatable. Went home with a good case of 'bass thumb'...

Today (Monday) should be pretty good too before the weather returns to its bright, sunny skies and forces the fish back in tight to the weeds.

Here's one of the 16" footballs caught on the Yum Dinger (right under his chin):

Here's one that absolutely inhaled the crankbait:

B

·
0 Posts
What ponds were you fishing, some of the back ponds I would guess. Those are some nice bass

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
NIce looking fish, good job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts