Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find out if anyone knows of any lakes in the Springs area (within 2 hrs) that freeze over that contain eyes....

I would love to take my 13 yrd and let him catch some. He is new to ice fishing and want to help him get hooked!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Chatfield... all the denver metro lakes that have eyes in them and freeze over are within 2 hours. Brush hollow is another. Now is there safe ice on any of these I dont know.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Don't let it keep you from trying but Trout makes a great point..........'eyes can be more than tough through the ice here in Colo. Maybe get him on a few great trout bites to get his interest up when he can handle repeated skunkings, go chase stuff like walleyes.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've been ice fishing chatty for about 5 years and as far as my experiance goes is that you have to have live bait for the eyes. Even then it's about 20 trout or sometimes smallies for every one eye. This is because of the rediculous amout of natural shad that swim around in there. Find the railroad tracks and you find the eyes. someone else should be able to vouch for this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts