Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·

If anyone catches a tank ass 'eye with a #6 Gammie in her kisser, I want it back...

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
Nice work at least someone has some skills! You still need to hide the shrubbery better...you'd never make it as laker guy!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I did throw a Rogue. I threw several Rogues. I also threw Pointers, Staysees, and the KVD bait. Just to see.

They wanted that stupid RC. Ihasnoideawhy1

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
You are stickin 'em dude. Congrats! Perhaps the STX runs a bit deeper (4-6' IIRC). Water is warming fast so time to speed up the retrieves.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Which lake is that at if you don't mind saying no need to tell just want a good lake to take my dad to catch a walleye. Or if you no another lake with a good walleye population that we could fish from shore and catch one

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Which lake is that at if you don't mind saying no need to tell just want a good lake to take my dad to catch a walleye. Or if you no another lake with a good walleye population that we could fish from shore and catch one
It was sloans lake. Fish by the bridge on Sheridan with peanut butter covered night crawlers.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Ice King, that is a tough one. The local walleye guys really bust butt for a few fish, and each spot, even well known spots, have their secrets. I am not going to pretend to be an accomplished walleye angler, but I have fished them enough to have a couple minor details worked out. One of those details it this; the hardcore 'eye hunters PAY DUES. For me to divulge info on obscure spots would be a disservice to the anglers that go out in all sorts of weather, day or night, and eat blank after blank until they finally make the connection.

No disrespect, but I just can't do it.

I will give you a couple basic, but GOOD, ideas on some current locations. Aurora has a large population of eyes, and I have caught more than a few from the bank. Focus on the last half hour the place is open. Seriously, that is the best time percentage-wise. Jerkbaits, blades, grubs, spoons. Nothing fancy.

Chattfield has a really strong population, and most likely better size overall, than Aurora. There are still some fish in the area of the inlet, though I think you might have your work cut out for you, as the fish in there are mostly looking for love, not meals. Spawners really don't bite very well.

Boyd Lake has a great walleye fishery, as does Carter, though they are a bit of a drive from the metro area.

Just go fish, and don't get discouraged. Accept the fact that walleye can be a tough nut to crack, and that even on good spots you are going to blank frequently.

Good luck.

SS

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
HACK! Post the spot if it is not chopped

Maybe post on FXR+ to make a few friends

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Lol yep, you got me, 'shopped as hell, my sad lil' lurker buddy...

Actually, to prove it is not chopped, 'shopped, or belly flopped, I'm going to post the exact location.

Just kidding, you suck. :p

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
hahaha

Fxr folks in a panic1

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
If you tell me where you caught those, I'll tell you where to catch some bluefin tuna here locally....

Nah, but for realz though, peanut butter covered night crawlers.... That's some funny shizz right there. ;)

41 - 60 of 61 Posts