Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t know about the rest of you but it has been a tough ice fishing season for me. I have fished every weekend since early December and caught two skunks. I am also not seeing the numbers I did in the last several years. This is a picture from last weekend and is not worth bragging about, but I am new here so I thought I’d put it up anyway:

I also caught a perch and a couple of stocker trout but didn’t deem them worthy of a picture. From a Denver Metro lake. Minnow heads on a buckshot. Perch and trout went back in the water; the walleye was released in hot grease. ;D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice eye, bud. About 19" larger than my personal best walleye. ;)
I caught a 19" walleye by luck in my late teens and it stood as.my personal best for years, until I statrted targeting them more consistently. The bigger ones are not that hard to catch. You just have to dedicate some tome to targeting them. That's for open water. I still struggle to catch them of any size consistently under the ice.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Thx for posting and I wish you the best of luck in some faster action on the ice for the rest of the season. I too haven't done any good ice fishin so far this year. Tight lines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts