Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how long it takes for a walleye to reach 18" long in CO? Also whats the smallest one you have seen caught? It's just that I've never seen a 5"-10"eye, do most of them just get eaten? I've been fishing with my daughter and she just has to know ,and dad can't answer that one. :-[

Thanks, Dan in Elizabeth

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I KNOW THAT!! But shes looking over my shoulder and waiting for an answer.I guess its time to hit the search engine.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used to catch a few of those 8" or so walleyes through the ice at Cherry Creek near the tower. We called them "cigars".

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I've caught a few walleyes around 8 or 9 inches before at juniata reservoir, although most walleyes there are about 15". It takes different time for a walleye to reach 18" based on the lake, each lake can be drastically different, so you will probably never get a conclusive answer about that.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got this from MI. State, I think this as good a answer I,m going to get.

AGE LENGTH WEIGHT  1 year 5.1" --
2 years 9.0" 0.5#  
3years 12.3" 0.7#  
4 years 15.1" 1.0#  
5 years 17.3" 1.6#  
6 years 19.2" 2.2#  
7 years  20.9" 2.9#  
8 years 22.1" 3.4#  
9 years  23.4" 3.9#  
10 years 27.1" 5.3#  

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Catch em as small as 6-8" once in a blue moon. I caught one about 10" at Chatfield first trip of the year..They DO naturally reproduce here, and are much more plentiful in size, than you might thin wif oyu fish some of our reservoirs during the daytime, or witht he usual methods (hint hint!) ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts