Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I do not discriminate. If its a viable fishing oportunnity for me, im on it. I rarely fish walleye because i do not live near any walleye fisheries. chatty, crack and A town are great fisheries but I dont like being down on the front range, places like plo and and the tooth are quite a jont for me. When im in a situation where I can take a longer trip I head to the north west or south west of here to places i do not speak of on this forum that don't have walleye..
I do have respect for a quality walleye and what it takes to get them.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I do not discriminate. If its a viable fishing oportunnity for me, im on it. I rarely fish walleye because i do not live near any walleye fisheries. chatty, crack and A town are great fisheries but I dont like being down on the front range, places like plo and and the tooth are quite a jont for me. When im in a situation where I can take a longer trip I head to the north west or south west of here to places i do not speak of on this forum that don't have walleye..
I do have respect for a quality walleye and what it takes to get them.
X2 I hate the bug shitty and it's the last place I want to spend my fun money at. If I'm driving somewhere that's not my usual colorado lake x I'm going somewhere that's worth the drive and it won't be on here either. Plo reminds of vegas where I grew up and never plan to go back.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Good post Fordo, I chased Walleye all over the state and throughout Nebraska years ago. Now I just try to hit Lake Powell a few times a year for them. I prefer not to go down to the front range and have to drive through over 2 million people to fish now. The western slope has few opportunities for them.
Being a warmer water fish they are harder to catch through the ice than Lake trout....BTW... Big Lake Trout Are "Numero uno" under the ice..

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
As a novice/junk fisherman, I'll take what I can get. When the opportunity arises which allows me to be in the presence of a "real" fish like a big laker or 20" bass, I consider myself blessed.

Got to land 3 MA class fish during the last year, and I feel blessed to have been able to hold each of them. All are still swimming.

90% of the fish I catch are just basic run of the mill fish, average in size. I HAVE figured out a pretty cool presentation for LARGE panfish recently though.

I fish alot, and will accept whatever fish decides to hop on for the ride. As many of you know, fishing is rarely about fish at all.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Not just under the ice. Any time they'll be biting they are numero uno in my world. Any other fish in Colorado is a distant second IMO. I like to fish for any fish but I love fishing for macs.
I agree they are the Kings of Co.
Include Saltwater fish and they don't even make the list but are Número uno through the ice.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
When it comes to ice fishing, I think a lot of guys like to fish for walleyes because it's local..something they can even do after work. Maybe a fifteen to a thirty minute drive to fish for a few hours. Most of the same guys also enjoy laker fishing ..but it requires a much greater time commitment ..leave the house at 3:30 in the morning...get home at 10 that evening..makes for a long day and a long drive.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts