Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,592 Posts
Good post Fordo, I chased Walleye all over the state and throughout Nebraska years ago. Now I just try to hit Lake Powell a few times a year for them. I prefer not to go down to the front range and have to drive through over 2 million people to fish now. The western slope has few opportunities for them.
Being a warmer water fish they are harder to catch through the ice than Lake trout....BTW... Big Lake Trout Are "Numero uno" under the ice..

· Registered
3,592 Posts
Not just under the ice. Any time they'll be biting they are numero uno in my world. Any other fish in Colorado is a distant second IMO. I like to fish for any fish but I love fishing for macs.
I agree they are the Kings of Co.
Include Saltwater fish and they don't even make the list but are Número uno through the ice.

· Registered
3,592 Posts
When it comes to ice fishing, I think a lot of guys like to fish for walleyes because it's local..something they can even do after work. Maybe a fifteen to a thirty minute drive to fish for a few hours. Most of the same guys also enjoy laker fishing ..but it requires a much greater time commitment ..leave the house at 3:30 in the morning...get home at 10 that evening..makes for a long day and a long drive.
Good post Hobie, you got it, any decent perch down there or road trip?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.