Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
3,592 Posts
When it comes to ice fishing, I think a lot of guys like to fish for walleyes because it's local..something they can even do after work. Maybe a fifteen to a thirty minute drive to fish for a few hours. Most of the same guys also enjoy laker fishing ..but it requires a much greater time commitment ..leave the house at 3:30 in the morning...get home at 10 that evening..makes for a long day and a long drive.
Good post Hobie, you got it, any decent perch down there or road trip?

· Registered
11,180 Posts
Yeah Steve..you have the reverse situation up that way..For lakers, you just hop on your sled and go..For front range walleye fishing..you'd be better off waiting until May unless you happen to be in Denver.

For perch? Better off talking to dropshot..If they're out there...he'll find them. Otherwise..you'd be better off heading west.

· Registered
1,727 Posts
When it comes to ice fishing, I think a lot of guys like to fish for walleyes because it's local..something they can even do after work. Maybe a fifteen to a thirty minute drive to fish for a few hours. Most of the same guys also enjoy laker fishing ..but it requires a much greater time commitment ..leave the house at 3:30 in the morning...get home at 10 that evening..makes for a long day and a long drive.
BINGO!! after I read this, grab a quick lunch, I will have lines in the water in a half hour! Plus, I think walleyes are the best tasting fish out there :thumb:

· Registered
4,829 Posts
Well Said

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.