Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let it be known that I post locations sometimes! Anyway, I caught a fat one at Cherry Creek yesterday.
I guess I can't take a picture of a figure of speech. Yep, you guessed it: I caught a fat skunk.

Anyway, I didn't get there until dark but it looked like there was open water everywhere. I got my lure retrievers yesterday and did manage to save one lure:

After that, I got over confident and was not as careful as I should have been. I was not able to get my lure back on the second snag. Lost the lure retriever too. Good thing I went with a cheap option.

The most eventful thing of the night: my friend walked so far away from me that I could no longer see him. I called out to him but didn't hear anything back. I kept on fishing. Some time later, I saw a big, elongated shape floating in the water. A creepy thought crossed my mind: could that be him in the water? I know the foo don't swim too well... That's why he has one of them fancy floating ice suits. :lol: Figured I'd try calling him on his cell phone. Nothing. I texted him next. Got a call back a little after that. I guess he was just trying to give himself a better chance by leapfrogging everyone. Mutliple times over... :D:D:D

PS: "at CC" would prolly have been better from a grammatical standpoint, but I was trying to emulate another poster. :lol:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Lol I swim just fine. You on the other hand is a different story LMAO haha. I already saved you once. The suit could be your savior one day.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Lol I swim just fine.
Not the impression you gave me... ;)

You on the other hand is a different story LMAO haha. I already saved you once.
Who the hell can keep up with a moving boat? Ya didn't even have the decency to stop the boat. All you did was to give the end of your net... Some friend, you are! :p

·
Registered
988 Posts
Darwin list... Don't jump out of trolling boat when no one is expecting it. You crack me up man lol

·
Registered
16,848 Posts
Man! I thought you always caught 9lbers every time out. I was ready to slash my wrists because I do not measure up as a fisherperson-

Thx to your report I will live another day-

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Man! I thought you always caught 9lbers every time out. I was ready to slash my wrists because I do not measure up as a fisherperson-

Thx to your report I will live another day-
Hell no! And you are my hero, not the other way around. I am but a mere pupa next to a magnificent butterfly... :D

You have no idea how many skunks I go through chasing after those big walleyes. Every now and then, I resort to fishing for filthy dinks to wash the skunk:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why the hell did you jump out of the boat ao!?
Well, I was sick and tired of Cher trolling all day long. So: I told him, quit that that **** or I am swimming to shore. He didn't stop trolling so... No, seriously, I was tired from an overnight drive and fishing all morning and just wanted to refresh myself. 8) I cheat death every day before I even have breakfast! Anyway, no dude should be allowed to call themselves men unless they have willingly cheated death at least once in their lives. In some parts of the world, boys don't get to call themselves men and pass on their genes unless they have the balls to jump off a platform with nothing more than a vine attached to their feet. More women for the "real" men. That's the way it should be. :p

1 - 20 of 65 Posts