Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let it be known that I post locations sometimes! Anyway, I caught a fat one at Cherry Creek yesterday.
I guess I can't take a picture of a figure of speech. Yep, you guessed it: I caught a fat skunk.

Anyway, I didn't get there until dark but it looked like there was open water everywhere. I got my lure retrievers yesterday and did manage to save one lure:

After that, I got over confident and was not as careful as I should have been. I was not able to get my lure back on the second snag. Lost the lure retriever too. Good thing I went with a cheap option.

The most eventful thing of the night: my friend walked so far away from me that I could no longer see him. I called out to him but didn't hear anything back. I kept on fishing. Some time later, I saw a big, elongated shape floating in the water. A creepy thought crossed my mind: could that be him in the water? I know the foo don't swim too well... That's why he has one of them fancy floating ice suits. :lol: Figured I'd try calling him on his cell phone. Nothing. I texted him next. Got a call back a little after that. I guess he was just trying to give himself a better chance by leapfrogging everyone. Mutliple times over... :D:D:D

PS: "at CC" would prolly have been better from a grammatical standpoint, but I was trying to emulate another poster. :lol:

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Lol I swim just fine.
Not the impression you gave me... ;)

You on the other hand is a different story LMAO haha. I already saved you once.
Who the hell can keep up with a moving boat? Ya didn't even have the decency to stop the boat. All you did was to give the end of your net... Some friend, you are! :p

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Man! I thought you always caught 9lbers every time out. I was ready to slash my wrists because I do not measure up as a fisherperson-

Thx to your report I will live another day-
Hell no! And you are my hero, not the other way around. I am but a mere pupa next to a magnificent butterfly... :D

You have no idea how many skunks I go through chasing after those big walleyes. Every now and then, I resort to fishing for filthy dinks to wash the skunk:

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why the hell did you jump out of the boat ao!?
Well, I was sick and tired of Cher trolling all day long. So: I told him, quit that that **** or I am swimming to shore. He didn't stop trolling so... No, seriously, I was tired from an overnight drive and fishing all morning and just wanted to refresh myself. 8) I cheat death every day before I even have breakfast! Anyway, no dude should be allowed to call themselves men unless they have willingly cheated death at least once in their lives. In some parts of the world, boys don't get to call themselves men and pass on their genes unless they have the balls to jump off a platform with nothing more than a vine attached to their feet. More women for the "real" men. That's the way it should be. :p

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I've never actually fished cherry creek. Maybe I should give it a shot
You know, I would actually give you some pointers if I had a sense that you would not blast locations and tips on the internet. ;) Now, you are free to do what you want, but people are gonna react accordingly. Not trying to be an ass. Just telling you how I see it. By the time you figure out the walleye bite at those lakes, you might feel the same way I do about. Or you wont...

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Either way, for me, getting out there and figuring it out and finding the fish is a big part of the fun so I'll just keep doing what I do. Getting out there an earning it is the best way to do it.
That’s the right attitude! Now, take that one step further and GFYODF (DID’s motto)! I learned the ropes by lurking online and spending time on the water. Never did I ask anyone online about a lake.

But thanks for letting me know how you would've helped me out!. That's always helpful! ;)
My response to you was a genuine advice. I did feel the urge to give you some pointers. Read it however you want, but I'm not the only one feeling that way...

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Dont mind AO. He has good intentions only. He's just got a crazy way of over thinking things sometimes. Im used to it now. I just call him crazy haha

Btw i got some pointers for you. They are in the buy sell section.
Nice word play, but you should capitalize "Pointers" here. And I ain't crazy. A friend of mine was laughing at the other guy. I was kind of laughing too but also wanted to help... :hug:

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Too much filth at that place. The place is run down with filthy rodents:

I don't eat fish from ponds anyway.

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Nope just not my thing fishing urban cease pools but you keep at it Sensei. Look forward to future daytime reports of cigar eyes from you. :eek:
I fish them; I just don't eat fish from them. And not just for the filth factor. I don't even feel like touching my lure after it goes in or the fish from some of them.

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Next gathering we'll eat walleyes from my spots rolled up in pig intestines! Yum!
Yummay! Speaking of next gathering... the ice is gonna be back soon!

I guess no matter where or when or what, its still fishing! Thats all that I really care about!
True that! I fish those places.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.