Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I said I'd post a couple pics and maybe a vid of the spawning operation today. Well, here they are-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zNScET68X2M

It was definitely one of the better field trips I've taken. Got to hold some walleye that would absolutely dwarf anything I've caught. I'm thinking about hitting my local smallmouth spot at sunrise tomorrow. Wanna get a pig smallie on a swimbait. Well see...

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I tend to suck at walleye fishing in general, though. I'm not terrible but I never get into the big ones like dudes like AO and FishDr do and I've put in a decent amount of time.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I think I tend to suck at walleye fishing in general, though. I'm not terrible but I never get into the big ones like dudes like AO and FishDr do and I've put in a decent amount of time.
If you have put in the time, in the proper location.... the most likely issue left would be presentation. I can tell you for certain that I have caught more walleye (100:1) using a SLOW presentation... especially this time of year. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone can catch a walleye on anything, just bounce it off their head. Pretty easy if you know where their head is
If that was the case I think more big fish would be caught. There are a lot of fisheries here with big walleye like that but seeing those fish is is not as common as you're making it sound.

·
Registered
625 Posts
And I can't catch anything at Creek! Place sucks for me
it's my belief that nobody ever catches fish at Creek, it's snipe hunting to get people out of the way for your favorite honey hole. "where's the best fishing?" "Dude you should totally go to cherry creek, it's off the hook!....hehehe."

Cherry creek is best left to the dude bro's drunk driving their big boats.

good thing I'm not bitter.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Thanks for helping with the spawn, my son in laws been volunteering also and got a nice batch of Suckers for a bonus!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Fish the creek in April-June. If you have a boat, you can have a lot of great days catching walleye/crappie. I try and get out a few times after work and have good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Big fish get big by not being eaten or caught. I cant say the same for us humans. I normally dont fish till after the spawn. But they start shallow and run the shallows till the the bait move out from the shallows. I like fishing the deep when they school up and chase bait

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Nice. Ish was effing freezing when I went last year. I took home tons of shad and sucker too, still not sure why I never fish for catfish... Definitely a kick in the nuts seeing the giants in those nets and getting skunked so often there

1 - 20 of 21 Posts