Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was going through my tackle today getting all my walleye lures ready for spring and i have these Wally Divers ive had for about 6 years. I have never caught a single fish off them, they have the similar patterns as some of my Rapalas but never have the same results. So i was wondering how much sucess you guys have with Wally Divers?

-JT-

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I also have a few of these and have caught a bunch of different species on them.... The only time I have caught a walleye on them though was when I was canoeing the Boundry Waters.
They definately have a different action then other crankbaits I use, so I think it just depends what mood the fish are in.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I normally fish from shore, and I think the Wally Divers are something you do better with from a boat. So they don't work very well for me. But they look so neat in the store, I can't resist them....

I don't know if they catch walleyes, but they definitely catch fishermen...

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
This is a great question! I know some people who swear by them. I was going thru my trolling trays the other day and have almost 100 Shad Raps of various model, size and colors. I have probably a dozen Wally Divers collecting dust also. Every summer at Glendo, Chatfield, Bonny etc., I put them on and give them a try. Nothing! I have almost no confidense in them? I always end up going back to a Shad Rap of some sort or a Little Ripper.

I know they work, just not for me ??? I have had the same lousy luck with Hot N Tots also, and some people swear by them!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Would not leave home without them. One of my best walleye (30") at Chatfield and also a
walleye tournament win at Chatfield were on wally divers. Have also done great up at Big
Mac with the metallic perch finished wally diver.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I think everyone has a couple of cranks they have confidence in! And if you keep it tied on and put it in front of fish they work. I bet if i left my Shad Raps at home (which will never happen), I would catch fish on the Wally Divers.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I don't know how many times I have been trolling with Eric, Work 2 Fish and Steve B. and they were catching fish on Hot n Tots, then i switch and they avoid my Tot, ( like Hillary Clinton at a wife swap party ) ;D

·
Registered
769 Posts
Ken Broeren said:
I've found that tuning lures is VERY important - maybe that's the issue?  Most lures do not run true out of the box. 
You can tune a lure, you can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I think that is one of the reasons I have been such a huge Shad Rap fan! They always run perfectly out of the box and every fish out there will hit them! Give me a Firetiger #7 and I am good to go!!

I like Deep Little Rippers also! But they need to be tuned some times!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im more of an husky jerk guy they've all been great to to me! but one kind of lure is still new to me but has worked charms for me is the Megabait Charlie suspending lure. It will catch almost any fish thats sees it and Wipers, Walleyes at Big Mac cant get enough of it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts