Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Wally World in Longmont is blowing out their fishing section as well. Line is heavily discounted as you said Doom.

I don't know the validity of this but I did hear that fishing line sold at Wally World is not as good of quality if you bought the same at say Cabela's.

Anyone else heard this?

I need to replace line on half of my reels so I may buy some anyways because they are heavily discounted. I had a nice jerkbait break off when casting due to old line this last week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
isn't that the walmart with a majority of the fishing stuff behind the counter? also noticed that another one in the C.S. area had a lot of their hard baits locked in with those devices.. first time i had ever seen walmarts protecting their fishing section like that, but than again i never looked at fishing stuff when i was in san diego

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Theft-many walmarts also have their cosmetic dept under lock and key. Its a shame they have to do this.

Doom-when you say academy and I25 do you mean the north or the south store?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
FYI WalMart's clearance their fishing gear every year around February and March. Usually it's early March but this year it was February. I spoke with one of the manager's and they said they had product coming in earlier than usually and had to clearance a lot of departments 3-4 weeks earlier than they usually do each year to make room for the new product.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts