Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to name this "is anyone as stupid as I am" after choosing a Denver impoundment to fish on the weekend. I was feeling ballzy enough to fish a spot @ 1/4 mile off shore and unloaded and hiked down my kayak and all gear. Paddled out and soon realized this was just stupid - boats, sailboats, jet skis full throttle from every direction. Paddled back, loaded up and headed for calmer waters. By now I was pretty upset and figured I have wasted my "precious fishing time"

Unloaded and paddled back out to see boats, loud music, horns honking, people swimming and splashing all around along with the sun beating straight down. I proceeded to hammer the eyes, at one point 3 in 4 casts. I also got into smallies, perch, and of course trout. I was pretty stoked and could not believe my good luck considering.

Then, fishing perfection happened - I paddled to one of my spots only to find a boat anchored up; this was not just any boat, it was a boat with a guy and two chicks with g-strings on. They were drinking and having a good time providing a great show while I was sticking the pescados. Fish on, full moon view, fish on, full moon view, pretty sweet.

Didn't get any pics of the moon, I know, I know - I was so close I couldn't creep; but here are a few of Walters.

On a serious note, thanks again to everyone helping me out with the PM's and forum responses - you guys are really helping the learning curve.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Nice...Yeah, boat traffic and jet skis don't put off the fishing. Just the fisherman.
Oftentimes churning the water helps. As far as the fish are concerned, it's like having to live near the railroad tracks. Doesn't take long to get used to it. As long as they don't blow that dang whistle. In a month...for five or six weeks... the tube jig bite turns on. That's when the crawdad mating season begins. They'll come out of the rocks and out of their holes to do the dance making for easy pickings. Look for rocks and hard bottoms...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts