Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

im the son of dan and i want to get into some good fishing on thurs or friday. anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
24,590 Posts
Bwahaahahahahahahahahaaahaahahhaa!...

Oh My!

I think I will send the "Dan doll" to his son...

Wonder if the appendages would stay attached...

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
;D ;D
Zman, I'm trying to help...

Given the circumstances (fishing with Dan) Green Mountain might be good - for lakers, or Aurora for rainbow and perch (minnows and jigging spoons tipped with minnow heads). We didn't catch any perch yesterday but then again we didn't have perch eyes. I think Dan has perch eyes. We (4 people) did catch a dozen or so rainbows and one small walleye.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Son of Dan,

We had the most action in the morning. There were quite a few people in the marina bay area - too many for me. We fished off the points between the boat ramp and dam 15-20 feet.

T

·
Registered
91 Posts
Me and ColoFisherman were at Aurora Res Sunday too. Never iced fiished there. The trick, it appears is minnows. We started just off boat ramp -swim beach along with the crowds. CFM caught a perch and we witnessed numerous NICE trout caught-released. I had to bum some trout to take home. Bit of Uncle Bucks fish fry and YUM..any hows, moved out to mid south part of lake, according to map, tried to locate gravel pits. I think we found them as we ended up next to couple of guys with NICE mess of perch. Again we were too little, too late plus we didn't have any minnows. Fished there for hour or two, numerous holes punched. Made our way back to swim beach boat ramp area and got into trout again.
Ice was 6-8 inches in boat ramp area and 3-5 inches farther out. Ice wont last long if it warms up. Could feel / hear the moan-crackle-pop of the ice throughout the day. A little spooky at times..pictured goin' thru!
Met nice chap DAN, gave us some heads up on wipers and the like. He popped a 2lb rainbow that me and family ate 2night. seems like a healthy fertile lake! Will definetly be back again. Great pix and video too...Pikester01

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
First neither I nor Son of Dan have perch eyes. I was looking for them earlier but I never got any.

Second, since Son of Dan (sounds a little too much like 'Son of Sam' if you ask me.) and I are going fishing on Thursday, where might we find good ice conditions and biting fish.

I don't trust the ice below 7000'. It may have been ok the past few days but its is warmer and windier. The amount of open water probably is not conducive to good shore fishing.

So how are Granby, 11-Mile, Wofford and Williams Fork. basically we are looking at lakes that are around 2 hours from Denver or less.

I am personally leaning towards Granby.

Dan

·
Registered
24,590 Posts
Bellaire and West at Red Feather give up lots of fish...and Parvin has some big ones too...

If they arent biting at Granby...inform dad that Green Moutain has been pretty hot...and he can still get his laker fix there...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts