Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my son is on spring break and we had original plans to go with a friend to kansas to fish and camp, but the weather didn't pan out as we had hoped. I still want to take him fishing to have some fun, but I'm not sure where to go.

Usually i take him to Chatfield but we've never caught anything there, are there any spots that are good fishing at the moment? or would tomorrow be too cold to have any good fishing? We dont really care what species, we're just doint it for fun.

thanks

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Atown dam. Powerbait on a slip sinker or minnows under a bobber will almost certainly catch trout.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks i'll give it a shot, I actually live right by there, google map says 1.6 miles to the marina or a 30min walk, debating if i wanna buy the pass instead of payin 10 a day. Do you have any suggestions as to which area to fish there? last couple time times i went, I stayed by the side that had like staggered walls

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
I would say to either side of the curve in the dam. It is shallow in the curve, so you want the edges where it goes from shallow to deeper. Or near the east side of the tower. Outside the restricted area signs, of course.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Thanks i'll give it a shot, I actually live right by there, google map says 1.6 miles to the marina or a 30min walk, debating if i wanna buy the pass instead of payin 10 a day. Do you have any suggestions as to which area to fish there? last couple time times i went, I stayed by the side that had like staggered walls
If you think you will go out a few times this year I'd say its worth it to buy the annual pass, that gets you access to both Aurora and Quincy all year

·
Registered
633 Posts
Buy the pass-if nothing else it will encourage you to go more often just to make it worth the money. Then if you only have an hour or two it's still worth a trip because you don't have to pay-especially living that close. You'll become a regular:)

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
We EXPECT a report-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts