Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am looking for a canoe...nothing major. Glass or Aluminum ok. If it has damage, that's fine...I can repair it. Just something cheap or free that you want to get rid of. I have recently become unemployed so I have a lot of time, but not much $$!

If anyone is interested in a trade, I am an ASE certified Master Automotive Technician and could trade basic automotive work provided I can do it at home and don't need a lilft, heavy equipment, or specific diagnostic equipment.

I am located in Fort Collins but would travel the front range to pick up.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
how cheap is cheap for an aluminum canoe?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good Question,

I really don't know what they go for but around or under $100 would be good, around $50 or less would be great!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
ok ill keep my eye out saw one at a yard sale the other day but he was asking 200

·
Registered
840 Posts
I got a Coleman canoe that I modified to put a trolling mount, and couple of floats on the side for stablization. I will sell it to you for $130.00 firm. If interested call me at 303-9021417.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are interested, go for it! as I mentioned I have been unemployed and things are tighter than I expected at this point so I'll have to wait until the next one that comes along...Enjoy.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I just drilled few holes in the back of the canoe to put the mounting bracket on and bought couple floats and tied on both sides of the canoe for added stablization. Last but not least, the canoe is located at 7635 Turner Dr; Turner is 2 blocks west of Pecos, and 76th Ave is about 2 blocks north of US 36.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what is the material of the canoe? length? and I'm assuming the floats can be removed easily, correct? If I can come up with the money and no one else claims it first, I would probably be interested.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Not sure what is the material, it is not aluminum, color is green and about 15ft long, typical of Coleman canoe that you see iat Gart Sport. The floats is easily remove. Don't know why you want to remove it, made the canoe lots more safer, I think.

lovetofish

·
Registered
460 Posts
OK I actually cannot buy the canoe. Started pricing the parts i need for my truck   :mad: and decided against teh canoe :'(. I have a friend who may go in on the canoe with me. If this does happen i will contact you to buy it, otherwise its a no-go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts