Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a collector's grade, original, WWII M1 Garand/Carbine. Price I'm willing to pay will be based on the condition of the weapon, but I'm willing to spend a bit as these are getting harder and harder to find. PM me if you have one to sell. Thanks! - Noel

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
If you are on Facebook, there are a couple local groups you should check out. Colorado Gun Exchange and Colorado Gun Trader. I

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
curious what does one go for in good condition?

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Not as bad as I thought...thanks byron!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
curious what does one go for in good condition?
zman, a collector grade, original WWII Garand and the carbines can go for over $2000 or much more, especially the sniper models. I'm willing to pay that for an excellent specimen. I've checked armslist, gunbroker, gunsinternational, etc but can't find what I'm looking for in the $2000 range. Wife cock blocked me on a chance to get one from 1943 that was still in its original issue cosmoline in Monument half a year ago. That won't happen again. I'll get it and beg forgiveness, same as I do with my fishing gear!

My dad bought the one he fought with in WWII and Korea, but they burned when our house burned down in the 70's. Would have been nice to have had that since it had a personal connection.

Thanks for all the info, guys!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Having problems getting to them on Facebook...says they are closed groups and won't load.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
your best bet is to get one from the CMP if you are a NRA member you can get the info from them. they have many grades from reconditioned to collector grade

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
your best bet is to get one from the CMP if you are a NRA member you can get the info from them. they have many grades from reconditioned to collector grade
CMP supply is exhausted. Collector grade is only found in their auctions now, and those aren't very good. I screwed up a few years back - I was at Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Academy in Alabama in 2010 and totally forgot one of their CMP stores was in Alabama. I passed right by it and totally slipped my mind. Probably could have still found the one I wanted 5 years ago.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts