Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Ward Pond

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Red Sox Rock 
G
#1 ·
Went and fished ward road ponds last night. I killed them!! My first five casts I caught five Bucket Mouths. The biggest was probly around five pounds. Caught most of them on pumpkin seed plastic worms rigged pitchin style worked very slow. Cast out and wait for it to hit the bottom most bass were hitting it on the fall I caught fish on every side of the lake. Any ways GOOD LUCK!!

#4 ·
BubbleFlyGuy said:
Sounds great.  I don't like to ask this, because I can usually find out for myself, but where is Ward Pond?  And -- what time did you start your fishing (sounds like an evening trip)?  Thanks for the report.
In Denver,at I-70 &Ward Rd.

#7 ·
i went to ward road tonight. fished from 6pm to 9pm. my friend (catfishhunter) caught a 12 inch large mouth. the fish were feeding from about 8 on till we left. i was skunked. :mad: does anyone know if this place ever closes during the night? i'd like to do some nigiht fishing there. also the sign says that onyl boats powered by man are allowed. do you think i fi could get a canoe down there it would count?

#8 ·
I couldnt find anythign about it closing so I woud give it a try and fish it at night. Also yes if you haul your canoe down there it should be legal cause it is propelled by hand.

#11 ·
Getting gear down those wooden stairs is a real chore. The pipe railing they put up messes with me more than helps.

I might also suggest hauling any boatage around the west side of the lake on that dirt road rather than trying to port at the NW corner where the stairs dump out. The steep dirt cliff is guarded by a russian olive tree and the area is very swampy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.