Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Ward road Pond and fished for a couple of hours not even a bite. the guys that were there weren't there for very long and the one guy said he had one bite and then everyone left. that is the first time i've fished there since I was real young. I thought i would give it a try we used to catch alot of smaller large mouths there like 12-15 inches. I'm not sure how often that gets fished or if its really a wasted trip. Anybody have much success there?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've had some good days there with largemouth's, but also so bad ones. I do better in my float tube than bank fishing,I think the fish avoid the places on the bank that get fished alot.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i've taken my kids there since it is close to home but they don't catch anything. I haven't seen any bluegills there only carp and bass.

·
Registered
863 Posts
ward rd is a hard pond to fish the bass are in there so dont get discouraged last yr I fished it quite a bit...it was my after work spot I went 7 times before I caught anything some days its on some days its not I would say not a good place to take a kid...also what were you using? i suggest a extremely slow presentation about this time at ward I had good success last yr after I finally figured the place out...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
A few years ago we did good top water fishing at night there with Jitterbugs. It was a little later in the year, I think late April or early May. It was a real kick, having the water explode 10 feet in front of you in total darkness. My friend would have caught an owl too but the owl missed his lure.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Istarted out using a plastic worm and was jigging it and went to a jig and then was using a crawfish plastic because i saw some craw fish in the lake and thought that might work if there were a lot of crawfish in ther but no such luck

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
1st post.....i've fished this lake for about 10yrs now....awesome lake....late evenings are best...its still early and i bet the water temp isn't even 45 yet....give those bass a bit to warm up....this lake is awesome in the hot nights of summer....buzzbaits are deadly along the south side (highway)....

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
Fished Ward pond today from 5:30-7:00...saw 3 fish maybe around 2lbs a piece up shallow...two were right next to each other almost like it was spawn....the other was crusing the shallows...1-4 feet...had a bite on a 5" salt-less senko type bait green pumpkin...saw about 3 other people out there....2 of those monkeys left a water bottle and a empty can of MT Dew on the shore...i carried them out when i left...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you know what the water temp is? Thats good you saw more fish than I did when I was there. That sucks that people cant read the signs when you walk to the pond to take out your trash when you leave. Hopefully the luck will be good there in the near future and maybe we can meet up there and do some fishing. :)

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
k0diak,

I'll give you the prize for the most distracting avatar. I never watch Bass fishing and even I know who he is. I think he needs to be on lithium.

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
silicone boy said:
k0diak,

I'll give you the prize for the most distracting avatar. I never watch Bass fishing and even I know who he is. I think he needs to be on lithium.
hahaha ya IKE is unique...hes my mentor! ;D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would propbably be like that if I could catch anything right know four trips out and 0 fish caught..... :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts