Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Ward road pnd between 6:15 and 7:00. I caught 5 bass throwing a white spinner bait with a red hook. All where little footballs 1.5 lbs. The bass were very active and with it on a fast retrive. I switched to a rapala supending jerk bait and caught 2 before I left. Will post picks when my battery charges.

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
Very cool...Good to hear the action is picking up there! :)

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
where ward road pond at ?

·
Registered
176 Posts
its on the north east corner of ward and I-70, about 5 mile east of colorado mills

·
Registered
368 Posts
I believe those ponds are governed by the SWA so they are all catch and release (no bait). I see more people on Belly boats on the pond just east of ward rd fishing back to the north shore.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I didnt know you could fish the other ponds there I have always just fished ward rd pond I thought the other ones were off limits can someone clarify this for me before I go gettin myself a ticket...lol thx

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
watch out for a spot on the north side, i lost $10 worth lures in about 5 minutes

I bought a bag of blade dancers & a rapala at walmart up the road (didnt have tackle box with me), snagged & lost everything in same spot in 5 minutes it seemed ... had nothing else to throw

at least i got lucky & found a couple lures along the shore, managed to catch a LM on a LilDevil spoon ... someone spilled their tackle box it looked like ... thanks to that guy, kept me fishing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts