Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
exit 108 Purcell ave will be closing for 45 days for rebuilding at that time the best way to the lake will be highway 50 through town. there is a new exit between 108 and 101 exits but it will get you there after a lot of winding around and will take a lot longer, it isn't closed yet but will be soon, I don't know if the exit will be closed from the highway as a few people using the park and ride. if you find the Purcell blocked you can still get back on the I-25 and take exit 101 highway 50 west. there is some constriction going on there also but it isn't closed. I will try to find out just when this closing will happen and let you know.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
I'd recommend just going to the south marina anyways. This is even more of a reason to go to south marina. Usually less busy at south than north anyways...

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the construction is slated to start sept. 5 th, however the contract hasn't been let yet so who knows when it will actually start. and what riv says is a good idea however the last time I was there it only had one dock there was another dock out in the bay so they may have put another one in or added to the one that was being used, maybe someone can chime in on this

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Just one dock at the south still. It's on the southwest side of the ramp.
Never understood why they haven't added another dock on the south side.

·
Registered
768 Posts
One dock on the south is unreal....so dumb.
If I may say something about about dock etiquette esp at the south where there is one dock.

If a thunderstorm rolls in and everybody and their mom guns it for the docks, let the smaller boats get in first. Saw two guys in a little dingy sank as they struggled with the waves as other much much bigger boats raced in. And dont park your dumb ass big boat at the dock so you dont get wet. That is just retarded.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I may say something about about dock etiquette esp at the south where there is one dock.

If a thunderstorm rolls in and everybody and their mom guns it for the docks, let the smaller boats get in first. Saw two guys in a little dingy sank as they struggled with the waves as other much much bigger boats raced in. And dont park your dumb ass big boat at the dock so you dont get wet. That is just retarded.
AMEN

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Weekends are a mess no matter where you launch! I only fish on weekends if the client has no other choice. It is nice though that people who own ski boats don't have to obey the no wake zones! Must be nice to be special:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts