Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Washing machine repair needed. I have an whirlpool washing machine in need of repair. We moved and it did not like the move.

Does anyone know of a good washing machine repairman in the north denver area?

If you can do it give mea pm and I will call you.

Thanks
JT

·
Registered
3,144 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
whats the problem with it? Im a pretty handy fellow I can take care of most things and have some appliance repair history let me know may be able to help you over the internet here as washer machines are pretty basic once youve learned exactly how they work....its just process of elimination then...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We moved and did not secure the drum during the move. When I moved it out of the old place it had alot of black rubber pieces on the floor. It does not look like it has a belt on this unit(whirlpool). When we first tried to use it it would not spin only make a grinding sound like a belt slipping on a pully. It made a snapping sound and sounded like it was free spinning again but the drum still did not spin.

Would I need to reset the drum some how? I have the cover off and do not see anything out of place.

Thanks for any help you can lend Pitbull.

JT

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
It sounds like it might be the coupler. There are two plastic pieces that sandwich a rubber disc, which would explain the parts you found, the snapping sound and tghe fact that it doesn't spin. I replaced mine on my washer a while back and it was fairly simple once you found the part.

Check out this picture and look at the bottom of the washer:

http://www.repairclinic.com/0100_23.asp

Just a guess, someone like pitbull who has lots of experience might help you better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts