Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched a fisherman take a dunk right off the north shore ramp this morning, got out alright but I think he lost some of his equipment. Luckly the was plenty of help around to get him out. One cold early moring bath :(

·
Registered
113 Posts
The ice is fine 10 inches didnt see any one go in yesterday. Fished the north boat ramp in morning NO ONE FELL IN! ::)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Hubby and his best friend fished over past the Hill of Death yesterday, and the ice was really heaving when they packed up yesterday. (Wanted to get the end of day bite, but the ice was bucking really bad and they didn't wanna swim for it) Fortunately, this was not his friend who fell victim to the 'ice quake' joke... but they used to fish Blue Mesa all the time and they both know of some pretty violent mid season ice heaves on the Mesa.

The ice is going to continuously grow and heave and crack - remember, it's like frozen pipes - it's gotta go somewhere. People living along the Great Lakes have to deal with ice heaves and pressure ridges that come up right against the house - you can probably imagine. And sometimes they don't stop there.

Boy, that's one phone call I wouldn't ever want to have to make... "um, yeah, well I've got six by eight by three feet of ice stuck in my living room... yeah, at my lake house... yeah, maybe we shoulda bought a houseboat!"

·
Registered
10 Posts
How thick is the ice at Antero? Planning to go this Saturday but am a bit concerned as this would be the earliest I've been out. ???

·
Registered
143 Posts
yes someone did fall in. I was number three in line running across the ice to help but by the time i got there he was pulled out. He was sopping wet and ok, but im sure his day was ruined. The ice is thick but it looked like a section of water opened up and tried to refreeze but was very thin. I almost crossed there in the morning but didnt like how it looked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts