Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just the last 3 innings last night and the last 5 innings today. Hadn't watched baseball in years. Gotta admit that it was kind of enjoyable and relaxing to sit back and watch a team that's playing pretty good ball to start the season.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I really can't stand watching baseball. Not much of a fan, but that was one hell of an 8th inning today

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Anymore I rarely if ever seem to have time to sit down and watch a whole ballgame, but sometimes I like looking in as I'm doing other stuff, keeping tabs. It's a good game, and I don't mind the relaxed pace much. Sometimes even enjoy it (getting old?). Plus there's still a bit of that nostalgic Americana for me (you know, "baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, and Chevrolet"-type thing).

And with the Rockies I like the team and have a small personal connection. My youngest daughter and Todd Helton's daughter (Tierney) got to know each other a couple years ago through their school (home school connection, actually). I had already seen Todd a couple times in Sportsman's Warehouse (didn't want to bother him), and then got to know his wife, Christy, a little on one of our daughters' field trips (completely nice, friendly lady). At the time they were attending the church that met at Legacy High School. Not sure about now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts