Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious what's everyones preference when it comes to pike fishing the mile or just overall, water dogs or suckers?

·
Registered
201 Posts
funny, but salamanders are kind of cute, I struggle to stick a hook in them (I realize this is irrational). suckers, on the other hand, seem to exist on the earth for the sole purpose of creating a food base for other fish.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
funny, but salamanders are kind of cute, I struggle to stick a hook in them (I realize this is irrational). suckers, on the other hand, seem to exist on the earth for the sole purpose of creating a food base for other fish.
x2...lol but I have used them...once at evergreen...and then I discovered marshmallows...

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Where do get frozen smelt? ??? Used to eat 'em by the the deep fried basketful in Zanesville but I've not seen them for sale elsewhere. Great bar food! Maybe that's where my gout came from, hmmm. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
In the springs you can get them at the Asian Fish Market..Smelt...Baby Mackerel...Anchovies and about anything else you would use for bait. I picked up 20 smelt and 15 Mackerel for 7 or 8 bucks a month or so ago.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh dang I didnt know other kinds I could use I tried water dogs last year for pike at the mile I didnt get anything we didnt really try that long, tomorrow I'm heading up to eleven mile with sucker meat and test my luck.

·
Registered
705 Posts
In the springs you can get them at the Asian Fish Market..Smelt...Baby Mackerel...Anchovies and about anything else you would use for bait. I picked up 20 smelt and 15 Mackerel for 7 or 8 bucks a month or so ago.
X2 There are 2 Asian markets in Aurora, 1 on 6th and Peroria and 1 at Parker Road and Dartmouth?

Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts