Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if anyone had any opinions - hold on a minute, let me get the thought out before you give em to me ;D ....

opinions on water levels of various lakes/reservoirs. seems like this season was a good one for water and getting many lakes/reservoirs filled. not withstanding any that are seasonally drawn down the same each year, so how does the up or down water level seem to affect colorado ice fishing?
like 11 mile, granby etc. all seemed to get good and full but last year they were way down.
i know how it affects them in spring/summer/fall, but i don't have much experience during winter. ???

thanks

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Tek:

I read an article today that said most of the reservoirs are back to 95% capacity. Should be good news.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The best thing about the reservoirs being full is that you don't have to drag your shelter across dirt and down steep hills to get to the ice. I started ice fishing two years ago when the water level was low at 11-mile and it sucked to get to the ice unless you unloaded at the boat ramp....I won't be fully happy though until antero is back in action because I loved open water fishing there but have not had the chance to fish the lid!

·
Registered
16,687 Posts
One thing I've noticed is when a lake drops way down the fish are packed together and the fishing is better than usual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts