Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Waterton around 3:00PM and fished for a couple of hours. No fish movement, fish signs, or even a bite for 1st hour. When sun went over hill the trout dtarted to rise. Ended up with 3 fat 10-12 inchers landed and about 10 strikes overall in about an hour.

TH

N

·
0 Posts
C-470 and Wadsworth.
Yea picked up a couple fish yesterday after I went to the show.Good to see some baetis flying aboot.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
if you fish it enough, its just like anywhere else, you find spots that you can go to on any day and expect to catch 10-15 fish/hole.  If I were to spend a whole day on waterton, moving from spot to spot after each one gets worn out, I just know I could catch 50 fish a day if it was a 100 degrees out or -5 and snowing.  I guess the point Im trying to make is that these are very easy fish, don't give me to much credit. Likewise don't give the fish any credit for having any sense of intelligence.  Unfortunetly cercumstances have called for me to hang up the rod until the end of may, but if anyone wants to get out this spring and summer let me know and I'll show yall a spot or two up the canyon...(hint: you dont have to go up as far as people will lead you to believe.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts