Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Waterton for 2 hours today from 11:00AM-1:00PM caught only 1 nice fat 15 incher dark with lots of spots like mustang's waterton trout pic posted yesterday. Thought I would ccheck out Bear Creek near Morrison and decided to wet a line across from the Woody's Wings restaurant. I was suprised to catch 1 small 8 inch brown. It was not too cold today nothing compares to the Dream Stream wind chill so yesterday seemed like a hot streak after Saturday's trip to 11mile.

TH

Here is Mustang's Topic Yesterday w/ pics.
http://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php?topic=6050.0

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm glad you fished Bear Creek. I've enjoyed it - its close by and I've caught 12 inchers there, and as many as 15 in 3 or 4 hours. And when you get tired, go to the Morrison Inn and drink a beer to three. I've had the best luck above the tributary and just above the diversions. Seems there is nothing in between.

M

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a good day TH, I was busy yesterday and the weather was getting cold quick, or else I would have been up thurr.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The tributary is right in Morrison, across from the Morrison Inn. Its small and there is a bridge over it for the path that follows Bear Creek. I access that part of Bear Creek by parking in the steet or in the public parking lot across from the Inn.

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts