Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Waterton Canyon - many people enjoying the canyon so decided to fish towards Chatfield. Had about 5 bites with only one "Dan" sized  ;) fish caught, a small rainbow.

TH

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
TroutHunter said:
only one "Dan" sized ;) fish caught, a small rainbow.

TH
Haha, thank god all I catch is "Dan" sized fish... :p

·
Registered
66 Posts
What works well up there ? My son and I wanted to ride our bikes up there and fish a bit. Nothing fancy, just catch some fish ?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try small spinners like panther martins or black rooster tail with a siver blade. For bait fishing use a 1/2 a baby crawler or salmon eggs on a small hook 3 feet under a bobber. Cast upstream and let bobber float down the rivrer in the current (into deeper pools) till you see a strike. If you are in faster water you may want to add a split shot about 7 inches above hook.

For the last few years the DOW has dumped alot of smaller sub-catchebles (6-10inch) in the fall (that is what I caught last time) however do not be suprised if you hook onto a pre-spawn brown coming up from Chatfield. A guy fishind there stated he had a nice 15 incher the last time he was up there on vibrex spinner. I have yet to catch a brown in Waterton this year however this spring I landed and released a 21 inch fat Rainbow.

Great fishing to you hope you catch a bunch!

TH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts