Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it has been a while since I have been here. I wish I had more time to fish. I reciently moved into the Roxborough area and I pass bye waterton canyon every day. I thought the whole area was closed but I have been seeing people parking on the street and going down to the river to fish. Not sure if they are going up or down river but I was under the inpression that the whole are was closed.

Does any one know if you can still fish there or not, and if so has anyone had any luck? I would love to have a nice place like that so close. The last few years have been tough there but with a lot less pressure it may be worth some time.
Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
Fishing between Chatfield res. and the Waterton Rd bridge that goes over the SP probably wouldn't be a problem (just my opinion), but no sure how far upstream one could venture before getting kicked off the water.

In April, I've found the suckers move out of Chatfield and into the SP to spawn. Lots of catching if you don't mind them. I've also found largemouth bass in the ponds just south of Chatfield res. as well

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My guess is that they are going down from the bridge. I had a lot a great days on that stream in my "After Work Hole" but those great days passed a few years ago. I may venture down stream to see what I can get into.

If by nice Bass you mean the fish in my picture it is actually a rainbow. (not sure if you were refering to that or not if so thanks for noticing) That rainbow came out of " The Hog Pen" a few years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts