Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit waterton this morning.
Water flow is nice, got some bites from small rainbows, they all looked stockers by the size, nothing over 8 inches, but the weather and excellent sunny day made up for the lack of fishing fun.

After that I was still itching for some fishing so I stopped by chatfield for some ice fishing
The ice looks ok, if the weather continues like this i would say 2-3 more days left of safety on that ice
Ice thickness was about 4 inches on 12-14 feet of water. No bites at all for me but 2 people that were next to me at 18 feet seemed to have some good luck for what I saw from my spot.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Where did you fish on CF. I would think that the ice at the North boat ramp would be the safest.

Mac

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I was on the South Platte a few hundred yards from the inlet to CF. No luck (was only at it an hour) but I saw someone catch a nice fat bow on spinning gear. It looked to be in full spawn colors. I guess they are starting their spawn run up the river.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was on the north shore, close to the inlet .. if i can figure out how to get the pictures out of my phone i will post them to give you some reference

BTW when i talked to the park ranger on my way out, he was saying the ice was 'sketchy' in his opinion and with the weather being so warm that it wont last long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts