Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, has anyone been fly fishing up there recently? We lived up in the mountains for years, and recently moved to Highlands Ranch. I used to fish that stretch back almost 20 years ago. Just wondering what it has been like recently.

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
There's still some fish there but it's garbage since the Hayman fire-

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Actually... drive on down to the "BRECKINRIDGE BREWERY" and
Have a few cold ones....
Then.... walk on down to.... :-X

·
Registered
67 Posts
Actually... drive on down to the "BRECKINRIDGE BREWERY" and
Have a few cold ones....
Then.... walk on down to.... :-X
Heck up by Santa Fe and Evans it was like a TU convention over the weekend.

...and forget about Breckenridge Brewery - stay down south and hit up "Livin' The Dream" behind Murdochs. The beer is better.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay. I knew the Hayman Fire did damage, but didn't realize it was that extensive. Haven't been to the Breck or the the Dream...but will throw a few roll casts that way.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Waterton would be my last choice, there's other water around thats improved in the last 20 years to take up the slack where Waterton has gone down if you want to fly fish fairly close to home. You can always go up towards Deckers if you don't mind fighting the crowds (I do). Closer towards Cheesman dam the fishing gets better and the crowds peter out when you put on the hiking boots.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Closer towards Cheesman dam the fishing gets better and the crowds peter out when you put on the hiking boots.
There's the tip of the day Fisher-man. Finding solitude can be challenging even in the winter.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Waterton would be my last choice, there's other water around thats improved in the last 20 years to take up the slack where Waterton has gone down if you want to fly fish fairly close to home. You can always go up towards Deckers if you don't mind fighting the crowds (I do). Closer towards Cheesman dam the fishing gets better and the crowds peter out when you put on the hiking boots.
Yeah, I lived in Pine for the last 13 years. Cheesman was my home. I am looking for someplace close where I can put in a couple hours on the water, and not have 3 hours of driving to do it.

But thanks for the tips. I appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Yeah, I lived in Pine for the last 13 years. Cheesman was my home. I am looking for someplace close where I can put in a couple hours on the water, and not have 3 hours of driving to do it.

But thanks for the tips. I appreciate the feedback.

In a past life/ past wife I lived off of Pleasant Park Road in Oehlman Park and did Cheeseman a lot. I'll shoot you a PM on some spots for us lowlanders, but they ain't gonna have Cheesman Canyon fatties in em.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In a past life/ past wife I lived off of Pleasant Park Road in Oehlman Park and did Cheeseman a lot. I'll shoot you a PM on some spots for us lowlanders, but they ain't gonna have Cheesman Canyon fatties in em.
Hey, thanks. I just like to get out and hook a few fish, so that would be great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts