Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just an FYI - if you are ever in need of wax or meal worms as ice bait, and can't make it to a real bait store, PetCo or PetsMart carries them. i just bought some up here in Broomfield. go to the reptile/fish section. there usually is a small fridge which contains a full stock of these - they sell them for reptile/fish food. they sell them in 50, 100 and 500 quanties. about $5 for 100. they said they get a shipment in twice a week.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
tekneek said:
they sell them in 50, 100 and 500 quanties.  about $5 for 100. 
$5.00 per 100 is a good pice. The guy I talked to on the phone at Gander Mtn tonight told me they are charging $1.99 for 12 waxworms. I about choked!

So are you bringing the bait then? ;D I'll need a hundred just for the fish I'm going to catch! :D

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I'll need a hundred just for the fish I'm going to catch!
There goes the ice karma...we have a scapegoat!!! ;)

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Don In Denver said:
tekneek said:
they sell them in 50, 100 and 500 quanties.  about $5 for 100. 
$5.00 per 100 is a good pice.  The guy I talked to on the phone at Gander Mtn tonight told me they are charging $1.99 for 12 waxworms. I about choked!

So are you bringing the bait then?   ;D  I'll need a hundred just for the fish I'm going to catch!  :D

No thats about right! 100 for one 10" Bow ;D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great idea on getting the mealworms from PetsMart! I get them for my son's toads there all the time and never would of thought of that for bait.

I'm more of a fly fisherman, so pardon my ignorance. How long can you keep mealworms alive? I assume in the fridge?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just bought 1000 giant meal worms online for $24.00. Delivered to my door! that is about .024 a piece or 28 cents a dozen. Wax Worm are about 4 cents a piece. You should look into online ordering.

Tight Lines and bent Rods!
Grizz

·
Registered
344 Posts
Check out Grubcobait.com, a few weeks ago I got my delivery, 1000 reg. mealworms, 1000 giant mealworms, 500 wax worms, and 500 maggots, for $44.00. I thought it was a good deal, all the bait was in great condition, have the meal worms in the bsmt frig., the wax worms are in the oldest kids bedroom with the door closed it stays just under 60 degrees and the maggots are in the Frig. upstairs (my wife really likes that)LOL

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
unless u guys just go through a ton of bait, those things r gonna beetleize....nice word i know

i found some fomr last winter not too long ago that had metamorphisized and were still alive and well, crazy thing

·
Registered
82 Posts
As long as you keep meal worms at a bout 40-45 degrees they will last a long time. Above 50 is when meal worms change. the top shelf on a refrigerator door is usually around 42 degrees.

Tight Lines and Bent Rods
Grizz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts