Discussion Starter #1
Daris "Fishrangler" McKinnon

The winning fish:

4 5/8" bluegill

Caught in Public Waters, May 5th, 2014

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's just sad! I would have loved to have played the game if we'd been in CO. Oh well, maybe next time...
Sharon

·
Registered
2,275 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Any plans for another contest or challenge later on? I think if many had gotten involved, that could have been really fun - a little fun competition just for grins...

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfortunately no, Lucky... I am leaving the state in 3 weeks and won't be hosting any more contests. This one was fun. The original contest thread had over 4,100 views, the douchebags showed themselves, and a 4 inch bluegill won.

Just about as successful a tournament as could be expected.

I'm sure since this contest was so wildly successful, a 2015 WD-40 contest will be started by someone. Maybe golden rod or one of the Pueblo boys.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
When you move to Tennessee...All I'm gonna say is I hope you fish a lot more...

And Hate em for being douchers, but I know one or 2 of them gave you legit advice... And people gave you tips.... That you don't seem to listen to.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dude, I know who the legit people are on here. I know the real "people" with real souls. Don't think I don't.

And as for the advice I've been given... I utilize every bit of info I get. You think I don't listen? I just don't have time to put things into practical use because I never get to go fish.

This contest wasn't about fishing, Dave. It wasn't about advice or learning. It was just something to do... A little fun amongst anglers with a sense of humor.

I don't know jack **** about fishing... But I know people. And this little contest taught me alot about alot of people.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
I don't know jack **** about fishing... But I know people. And this little contest taught me alot about alot of people.
For not knowing much about fishing you sure do give a ton of advice :thumb:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Opry - haven't read enough posts to see that you're leaving CO for TN. I wish you the best. It's hard to leave a place you love, so I wish you the best.
Sharon

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I advise on what I know. You ever seen me give advice on pike, bass, muskie, crappie, etc? Nope...

If someone wants to fish for browns in Clear Creek or carp fish in ponds, I do my best to convey what information I DO have to the best of my ability. Helping others is what angling forums are supposed to be about, primarily, am I correct?

Guys like hobie, redleader, etc... They are always first up to help someone with things they know. I strive to be like these guys... And while I may never be the kind of fisherman they are, I can strive to be the kind of MEN they are.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Am I real? Is my soul real? I just wanna know.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Those who know you seem to really like you. That's the true measure of a person, I guess.

I have not had the pleasure of getting to know you, Oyey.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
like everyone else, you would like me most of the time!! rofl...

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One thing I don't get... There are some of you who I fuckin cannot stand. Let's take golden rod for example... Golden Rod is a heartless c*** sucking motherless f*** who I cannot stand.

But I met the man... In person. Shook his hand. That guy is not the prick most here know as golden rod. The dude I met in person is someone I would like to watch a ballgame with and sit on a boat and try to catch fish with. A kind and friendly person.

There are others here who I dislike on here but are probably really good people. Why do some find it necessary to portray themselves as dickfaces on here, but are totally different people in person.

I don't like Oyey... But I have a feeling I might like Jason.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts