Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4,885 Posts
Worlds stupidest contest.

Just use real fish attractant, and you'll win.

btw It's illegal in fly and lure only waters.

· Registered
4,885 Posts
Some history.

WD–40 began as a search for a rust preventative solvent and degreaser to protect missile parts. Three technicians at the San Diego Rocket Chemical Company created WD-40 back in 1953. The name comes from the project that was to find a “water displacement” (WD) compound. They were successful with their fortieth (40) formulation.

· Registered
4,885 Posts
Yes, he's having fun, and we're having our fun. Nothing serious going on here.

Although I do have to wonder if fish eating WD-40 is good for them?

· Registered
4,885 Posts
Yes, but my thought is if you're releasing the fish.

A hole in the lip is better than swallowing poison.

· Registered
4,885 Posts
Cool. The point of this contest is to either confirm or rebuff the claim that WD40 is an effective fish attractant. The contest is not about whether fish attractants work, or even trying to show that non-traditional fish attractants work. Its about a decades-old myth/belief/debate about the effective use of WD40 (specifically) as a way to catch fish/more fish.

Chuck, if you wanna use those items to catch fish (or do anything else with them) that's totally cool. Unfortunately, fish caught using those anal lubricants will not be considered for this contest. ;)
I read a test on this. The WD-40 wasn't as good as the available fish attractants, but it did work a little.

· Registered
4,885 Posts
It works. one of the main ingredients is fish oil. Also I apply it to my spools of braid and my eyelets both ice fishing and in the summer. Helps Keep braid from saturating with water and it wont freeze up while icing outside of a hut.
Since the formula to make WD-40 is a secret with only 4 people in the world knowing what it is.

What do you base the fish oil comment on? You read it on the internet? Your buddy told you? You just know, and that's that!

· Registered
4,885 Posts
No, I don't fish with bait.

However, I do post, and have lots of time to do it. :tongue:

· Registered
4,885 Posts
Sorry, but showing off isn't my style. My dad beat that into me when hunting as a kid. I've never taken a picture of an elk i've shot. It carried over in fishing too.

I hunt and fish for myself.

1 - 12 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.