Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 108 Posts

· Registered
3,897 Posts
I'm in dude. Don't expect much from me tho..... I can't catch a damn thing these days. ...

I couldn't catch HIV in a Samolyan brothel.... no matter how much water based lubricant I used...or oil base for thatmmatter.

· Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Cool. The point of this contest is to either confirm or rebuff the claim that WD40 is an effective fish attractant. The contest is not about whether fish attractants work, or even trying to show that non-traditional fish attractants work. Its about a decades-old myth/belief/debate about the effective use of WD40 (specifically) as a way to catch fish/more fish.

Chuck, if you wanna use those items to catch fish (or do anything else with them) that's totally cool. Unfortunately, fish caught using those anal lubricants will not be considered for this contest. ;)

· Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
JW, man didn't you hear? As soon as that lure hits the water, you'll have state record fish fighting each other for that ****!!

The only reason the carp I caught was only 18 inches was that that was the biggest fish in the pond. ;)

· Registered
4,885 Posts
Cool. The point of this contest is to either confirm or rebuff the claim that WD40 is an effective fish attractant. The contest is not about whether fish attractants work, or even trying to show that non-traditional fish attractants work. Its about a decades-old myth/belief/debate about the effective use of WD40 (specifically) as a way to catch fish/more fish.

Chuck, if you wanna use those items to catch fish (or do anything else with them) that's totally cool. Unfortunately, fish caught using those anal lubricants will not be considered for this contest. ;)
I read a test on this. The WD-40 wasn't as good as the available fish attractants, but it did work a little.

· Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
Honor system. And it'll have to be one big bass to compete with RL on the case... Plus I'm heading to Sloans Lake for the carp monsters this week. You ever seen a 15 pound bass in CO? ;)

Besides, if you're gonna go to the trouble of carrying a can of wd40 with you fishing, you're gonna use it... Out of sheer curiosity. ;)

· Registered
1,674 Posts
It works. one of the main ingredients is fish oil. Also I apply it to my spools of braid and my eyelets both ice fishing and in the summer. Helps Keep braid from saturating with water and it wont freeze up while icing outside of a hut.

· Registered
4,885 Posts
It works. one of the main ingredients is fish oil. Also I apply it to my spools of braid and my eyelets both ice fishing and in the summer. Helps Keep braid from saturating with water and it wont freeze up while icing outside of a hut.
Since the formula to make WD-40 is a secret with only 4 people in the world knowing what it is.

What do you base the fish oil comment on? You read it on the internet? Your buddy told you? You just know, and that's that!

· Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
All due respect Pete, but for someone who isn't interested in this contest, you've got about as many replies here as anyone... 9 now.

You sure you don't want to join in the fun?? ;)

· Registered
4,885 Posts
No, I don't fish with bait.

However, I do post, and have lots of time to do it. :tongue:

· Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
You can spray your Panther Martins or X Raps or suspending jerk baits the same as a worm. Even spray down a copper john!!! What do ya say??? Join us!!!

· Registered
4,885 Posts
Sorry, but showing off isn't my style. My dad beat that into me when hunting as a kid. I've never taken a picture of an elk i've shot. It carried over in fishing too.

I hunt and fish for myself.

41 - 60 of 108 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.