Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· P I K E
10,349 Posts
      I do agree with Mr. Ed.  Figure how much oil comes from a boat motor being dispersed in the water, also most scents have some kind of an oil base in it  to adhere to the bait. I once heard that WD-40 has a shark oil base which is one of the best moisture preventers, Prep-H ointment also has shark oil in it and thats why it is used for an attractant.
    But I must go along with FF also, there are a ton of other scents out on the market that are made directly for the purpose. I generally like to use the Crawdad Nitro gravy,squirt it into my tube jigs and it works great, pike love it,  just don't get any on your hands or boat....LOL....hard to get the smell out plus the wife will think twice about sleepin with ya for a couple days. I always carry rubber gloves now. ;D

· P I K E
10,349 Posts
    OOOOOOHHH!!!!! To funny guys. I can see it now. You're sitting on the shore fishing when a ranger walks up and asks for your licence, as you stand up a tube of KY falls out of one pocket and a rubber glove out of another. Do you?
  1) Grin and wink at him hoping he gets so flustered he forgets whats he's doing and leaves.
   2) Hand him the licence from a full arms length away and hope all you get is " good day carry on".    :eek:

I once used peppermint schnapps on my salmon eggs and caught more fish in that one day than I ever had before, since I no longer drink can't do that anymore!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.