Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, Silent Light has made it clear he is done with this place... That said, we need someone to take over the Fish/Picture of the month responsibilities. There is already a VERY nice prize being put together which I promise is well worth keeping this going. I hope someone can step up and keep this going.... SOON.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Why is he done with this place?
I enjoy looking at the great pics.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Boondock said:
Why is he done with this place?
I enjoy looking at the great pics.
I'm sure it has a lot to do with differences in opinions about the ownership of fly patterns, and what constitutes a distinct fly pattern, between a few that want to own patterns, compared to others who think that just because you changed this material and that hook model, you can't lay claim to it. I'm sure I had a lot to do with it, no doubt.

What exactly was it that he did with it?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I'd like to see this Wantabee and I'd be able to tell you whether there is any conflicting interests.

I've seen the Skeletor evolve to where it is today. In greater terms, it's just a glorified white streamer.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the thing about the flies... I never said he stole it, never said his pattern was mine or anything like that... I just gave a dude some advice on what to tie... Like CoCarp says, basicly a white or vanilla bugger... You can look at my fly on the fly archive, take that fly, move a couple rubber legs forward and tie on a long hackle... that will do, it aint his recipe, but it is good enough to work great... that is it..

The issue that arose was sharing a pattern that was hyped, not that he stole anything.

That said, this thread is about finding a volunteer to keep this FOTM thing going... There is a SWEEEEEEET rod that will be the ultimate prize, so I hope someone can. I know there are a few good organized folks out there that may be able to help... so PLEASE do if you are considering it.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Oyey said:
All, Silent Light has made it clear he is done with this place... That said, we need someone to take over the Fish/Picture of the month responsibilities. There is already a VERY nice prize being put together which I promise is well worth keeping this going. I hope someone can step up and keep this going.... SOON.
Really? Over that? Huh, I guess we all have our hot buttons.

ANYWAY, I hope someone takes it over soon. Like Oyey said, the prize this year is worth playin!

·
Registered
329 Posts
If someone can teach, Explain to me the nuances of forum code (making things sticky, archiving etc.) I would be happy to take over, I really enjoy the concept.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
You can't sticky or anything like that if you a regular member. And seeing as how zman quit and SL did now.....there's only one mod that does spends time here and does ANYTHING anymore...ePiC.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, you don't need to sticky anything Rick... The only real thing you need to do is post a thread on the 20th of each month for entries, then post a voting thread on the first of the each month... At the end of the year it aint too hard to finalize it.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I'll still take care of the archiving of the winners. All you'd need to do is what Oyey said: Creating the monthly poll and then the voting thread.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Right on Rick... By the way, your Orange Gobblin killed a couple weeks ago... great pattern.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I would like to throw into the mix of potential Mods either Me or Slayer ;D ;D Im confident the Fly Section would be entertaining

1 - 19 of 19 Posts