Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like someone else is finally starting to look at the dollars and sense of continuing to keep Josh McHoodie as the Broncos head coach. Are you listening, Pat?? ~

"Remove all the emotion, and the decision to retain or dismiss McDaniels will come down to a simple matter of dollars and sense.

McDaniels will be owed approximately $6 million on his contract going forward, and Bowlen must also pay Shanahan in 2011. Revenue streams for the Broncos figure to be difficult to project, with the possibility of labor strife shutting down the league for at least a portion of next season. A new coach would be tempted to blow apart the Denver roster before quarterback Tim Tebow is even given a chance to lead the team.

If McDaniels is so bad for business, however, that the thousands of no-shows for the St. Louis game multiply for the final home dates against Houston and San Diego, then the math changes for the worse. The Broncos would be forced to do some serious calculation on how much the city's ill will toward McDaniels is impacting the bottom line."

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_16730985

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
All the tickets are sold for the remainder of the season. The Broncos have made business plan off of that fact. They will not, however, make a crazy profit if folks dont show up an pay to park, eat, and drink over priced crap.. >:D

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
I've come to a decision. I am now rooting against my team...the broncos...for the greater good.

#1 - so mcdaniels gets fired and...
#2 - so they get good draft picks

Zman is dead on when he says the broncos have been in draft pick purgatory lately.

It's tough....but it's the right thing to do. You might say that a real fan doesn't root against their team....but I say BS. The season is shot and you have to think about the future. GO ALL TEAMS AGAINST THE BRONCOS! I'm a Chiefs fan next week! I'll take that spot next to Neal to make a 2nd chiefs fan...:D :D

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rivrunnr1 said:
I'm a Chiefs fan next week! I'll take that spot next to Neal to make a 2nd chiefs fan...:D :D
I have to think about doing that myself. It's a sad day in Bronco land.

Stan~

Maybe all the Bronco fans with tickets can just sell them to Bolts fans. There should be a bunch of them coming to Denver to watch the Chargers clinch the division again.

A whole stadium full of Bolts fans~ Now that would be a wake-up call.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
I would rather see the chiefs win the division than the chargers for sure too....so thats another reason to be a chiefs fan next week :D

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Either way I would rather see my team rack up W after W, would never root for them to lose. But if they so happen to keep losing, I hpe that they do fire mcdouche. I'd rather see Gruden or Parcells here than his b*tch ass at this point.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
I can't believe what I'm reading...pathetic. Don, you said you were at the game. Did you stay to the end? You did see how we were in position to win with a minute to play...The fans may have quit...but the players didn't.

Has anyone read what the players said....

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16730787

Because of injuries, we played four rookies in the secondary in our dime package...and it showed. But, they'll get better. Yeah, we need some more players..expecially on defense..but I can see how well the scheme can work.

It's amazing how everyone wants to fire the coach...There will be at least 10 head coaching vacancies this year in the NFL. Not everyone gets Cohwer or Gruden. Forgetting how it took Cohwer 15 years to win a superbowl ...and how Gruden took a Dungy team and ran then into the ground. When he left, Chuckie wasn't loved in Tampa.

Next year we could have a lock out...not too conducive of an environment from which to attract assistant coaches...There will be more job security in the college ranks..

If Pat had wanted to fire McDaniels, he would have done it over the weekend. He sees what McDaniels does on a day to day basis...He knows what has transpired this year from schedule, to injuries, from youth, to lack of talent. I'm fairly certain he knew there would be growing pains.

The offense is set other than maybe a guard and a tackle. There's youth in the secondary, and players along the the front seven will be added this year.

It's a work in progress...and here's hoping McDaniels gets his four full years...and more...Go Broncos...!!! Beat those Chefs!!!

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hobiecat said:
I can't believe what I'm reading...pathetic. Don, you said you were at the game. Did you stay to the end? You did see how we were in position to win with a minute to play...The fans may have quit...but the players didn't.
Yep. Stayed to the bitter end.

So I could hear the chorus of boos come raining down. >:D

It was pathetic. They're the frickin' Rams, not the Patriots. :'(

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
I've come to a decision. I am now rooting against my team...the broncos...for the greater good.

#1 - so mcdaniels gets fired and...
#2 - so they get good draft picks

Zman is dead on when he says the broncos have been in draft pick purgatory lately.

It's tough....but it's the right thing to do. You might say that a real fan doesn't root against their team....but I say BS. The season is shot and you have to think about the future. GO ALL TEAMS AGAINST THE BRONCOS! I'm a Chiefs fan next week! I'll take that spot next to Neal to make a 2nd chiefs fan...:D :D
You're still rooting for the team, you're just rooting for next year already.

Last season, I said the Broncos would go 3-13. I guess I was off by a year. :(

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
longdraw said:
And Dave, the Broncos were NEVER in position to win that game. You are beginning to sound senile.
Really...? 1st down on our own 35 with 1:28 to play...We needed thirty yards for a field goal to tie. What game were you watching?

Not senile...but someone sounds bitter.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
8 minutes ago - FOX's Jay Glazer reported an unnamed assistant was possibly the whistle blower in the London videotaping incident as 'payback' for coach Josh McDaniels calling out his staff in front of team executives after a bad loss..

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
8 minutes ago - FOX's Jay Glazer reported an unnamed assistant was possibly the whistle blower in the London videotaping incident as 'payback' for coach Josh McDaniels calling out his staff in front of team executives after a bad loss..
The house is collapsing from the inside.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
jeeeez....

So, Hobie, is McD guilty at all? Are you happy with what he has done with our organization?

You said that if cheating was proven that was it... well, it was proven, and he did nothing about it until he realized it could not be hidden? Is that how you think things should be done? Was it on the up and up on McD's side?

I hear little silly comments coming from you in each thread, none of which address your boy wonder and what he has done to the Broncos org...

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Mcd reportedly ripped into his staff after the raiders game blaming everyone in front of the owner and executives.

Then the spygate thing comes out a little while after that and nobody knows exactly who blew the whistle? Coincidence? Awfully shady to me. There's a good chance IMO that more than one guy knew about the tape.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
Mcd reportedly ripped into his staff after the raiders game blaming everyone in front of the owner and executives.

Then the spygate thing comes out a little while after that and nobody knows exactly who blew the whistle? Coincidence? Awfully shady to me. There's a good chance IMO that more than one guy knew about the tape.
Damn right Riv...

McD ripping into everyone sounds about right... Great way to lose... He has shown SUCH poor class in every way...

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
The house of cards is collapsing....

It's too bad, too. We think the Broncos are bad now, gonna be even worse if they have to pay Joshy to sit at home.

Two ex coaches on the payroll, won't bode well for getting a quality HC to come here. We won't be able to pay one.

I know things looked stale with Shanny, and he probably needed to be fired, but the way it all went down...the decision was too reactionary. Bowlen bought into the media hype that he didn't have the nuts to fire Shanny. It's too bad too, Bowlen could have done some really good things...starting with hiring a REAL GM, then taking his time to find a suitable new HC... Which may actually have been McD, if he (McD) had a chain of command to follow, not just answering directly to the owner.

I said it when it happened, firing Shanny the way Bowlen did, looked bad...then looked even worse when he basically hired Shanny Jr. Should have hired a GM first, then a coach with a more defensive mentality. The offense was good, could have potentially been great, but even with Shanny, the team would have still suffered on the defensive side of the ball. If they still wanted a guy like McD, they should have hired a GM similar to how Parcells operated in Miami. Josh could have made the offense better, if he wasn't completely in charge of all personnel decisions. A GM in charge of those decisions could have directed the drafts in a more defensive way, while leaving in tact the offense. I will say, McD can coach QB's, he's made Orton into an all star. Had he not been handed the keys to the kingdom, he could have taken Shanny's offense, and made it even better.

I know I'm the guy who says "why bring up old sh!t?", but in this case, it helps show the point I'm trying to make. Josh, like I've told friends in the past, should not have had the same power and control that Shanny did...not right away, anyway.

It'st too bad. My team is burning, and all I can do is watch from a distance... If Josh gets fired, things will be worse.

Mr Bowlen, you could have done something great after letting Shanny go, but instead, you let your emotions get the best of you, and now we're all paying for it.

Dark days, fellow Bronco fans....dark days.... :'(

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Mrwigglestheworm said:
Rivrunnr1 said:
The house of cards is collasping....

It's too bad, too. We think the Broncos are bad now, gonna be even worse if they have to pay Joshy to sit at home.

Two ex coaches on the payroll, won't bode well for getting a quality HC to come here. We won't be able to pay one.
The question is, if it comes out that McD knew about this whole video-tape thing, can they fire him for cause and not have to pay him any more? Really makes you wonder what kind of team politics are REALLY going on behind closed doors, huh?

I agree though, Kenny. Dark days indeed. I said it at the beginning of last year, and I'll say it again. It's gonna be tough to be a bronco fan for a few years.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts