Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or has anyone else found that when the weather is miserable in Colorado, the fishing it always best particularly in reservoirs. When the weather is clear, the pressure high, the wind calm and it's warm, I've almost always found the fish just disappear. It's like there is a rule that the success of fishing is inversely proportional to the tranquility of the the weather.

I'd be interested in hearing others opinions as well as theories on why this is.

Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
You have a point. I had read in a study that when the barometric begins or has dropped fish will go into a feeding frenzy more than on a clear day. It's instinct for them to feed since food (by theory) will be scarce. This is especially intensified if the lunar cycle is also right for feeding.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm not altogether "sold" on the weather "thing". Last summer at Chatfield, during the numerous times we fished for trout there, it was mostly sunny and warm and caught our share of trout. However, there were a couple of times that we were "skunked", but don't know if the weather had anything to do with that. Fish just were't hungry/biting those times.
BUT, I have read (in this Forum), where the fish were biting like crazy and it was raining lightly......so, who knows???
Cody

1 - 3 of 3 Posts