Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

webster lake 9/07/05

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  trouthunter 
#1 ·
i took my daughter fishing last night for about 1 1/2 hrs. overall we caught about 30 bluegills. they were all small but she had a blast. i just put a bobber and a ice fishing jig tipped with a small piece of worm about 18" under the bobber. this is a great place to take the kids for a couple of hours. they will not be bored

G
#3 ·
I havent been there since they re did webster it used to be great that old dock was awesome....I caught some nice bass and catfish back in the day ....I even heard of a guy catching a 20lb channel cat back in the day ....I was gonna go there last night but decided to go to adams county fairgrounds and catch a monsther of a channel cat(about 6 inches) ......my boy is getting surgery tommorow maybe ill take him there tonight for some fun ........where where you fishing ?

G
#4 ·
Webster Lake has been renamed to EB Rains Memorial Park. It's in Northglenn across the street from the Police Department on Community Center Drive. Closest cross street would be 120th Ave & Grant St. Nice little park, but the lake has been trashed, already. It's terrible. Can catch many stockers during the spring and little gills all summer long.

G
#5 ·
its actually been e.b. rains park for years they named it that after a cop got shot there years and years ago .......the lake in the park is webster lake .....Its a highly used park the pollution doesnt suprize me its always been that way ...remeber by the old dock it was loaded with trash .......one of those urban lakes that still manages to grow fish ....dont think they dont still have catfish in there im sure not to many people target them

#9 ·
sounds like a chalenge whos gonna be the first to post a pic of a catfish from webster lake?

#10 ·
if you can float the chicken liver that would be best because the crawdads are thick in there. i actually was jigging and caught them. i was on the east side by the second picnic table from the parking lot

#11 ·
this lake use to be awesome when i was younger before they redid it i use to catch some big bass huge crappie and stockers and big bluegill i think since they redid it it isnt good anymore theres moss everywhere in there and they made the lake smaller and since being re done all i;ve seen is lttile fish in there oh yeah there use to be pike in there to when i was in junior high i caught some pike there but it is good to take kids to catch bluegill

#13 ·
fishinguitars said:
I even heard of a guy catching a 20lb channel cat back in the day ....
Back in the day must be included as part of last year  8)...

My buddy caught one last year on a warm Summer evening that was a good 20 lbs. He was using beef liver. I met up with him one evening over there just for kicks and caught several small channels. I wasn't too convinced, but a guy that was fishing next to us said he caught some nice ones there too.

1eyeReD

#17 ·
Back in the day before the park / lake "remodeling" we used to catch grass hoppers at my grandfathers farm and fish all day at webster catching blugill on after another. Also caught my first small mounth bass (15 inch) ever on the west side of the lake (back then) around where the new boat house is on a roostertail.

TH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.