Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
couldnt make it to the hills today so I fished at webster lake in northglenn with my buddy tyler ....tyler caught 15 or so I was just they assistant today ...He wanted to keep a couple and I was ok with it ..I explained to him that if we keep a few nothing can go to waste...so we ate them for lunch...Here are a few pictures ...

a couple rainbows and some pringles good stuff....

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
THose are great days to be the "assistant" what were you guys using powerbait? worms?
Good times!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a fun day. I love helping my little cousin fish, i dont even wet a line, its just as fun helping him out and seeing how happy he is to pull out bluegill all day long.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
webster is a good trout lake, lots of good size ones too, i like orange tasmanians there, salmon eggs work well too, nice looking meal there ;D

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hooked tyler up with a really sophisticated rig that only the pro's know about ....bobber and a worm about 2 feet under it ...ahaahahahahahah

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Nice job Tyler!...youre a good guy FG...

I get an assistant and they just fall down and hurt themselves...CripeZ!!... ;)

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
In a few years those pictures will be worth more than any price you could set. Nice work FG.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Excellent Job Tyler!

Sounds like all assistants he did all the work. (catching the fish) while you just stood around! :)

Dan

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
fg,

Always nice to see the little kids doing some fishing, thanks for the pics. Wow, Tyler is really becoming a connoisseur -- trout sushi and pringles -- yum yum!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great Job to the both of you. I live down the way. I need to take my son there! Where you were fishing is the best spot to fish for trout.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
there is a little concrete slab on the northeast corner of the lake ....I was only casting out 10 feet or so

·
Registered
943 Posts
i love to take my daughter there. nice job fg ;D

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I forgot to add I watched a kid around 12 or so catch an 18 inch channel cat by the paddle boat dock

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
fished webster this afternoon , caught a 13 inch yellow perch, about 60 trout and afew bluegills , used a slip bobber and red and white jig with a piece of mealworm or waxworm, also had another rod on the bottom with salmon eggs and powerbait, good fishing right now , steady action

·
Registered
988 Posts
It's great place to take the kids rite now. Took my daughter out last night and caught a few trout, gills, and perch. We were using flys and spinners. I guesse they just stocked it with around 400 10" trout not to long ago. Great place to fly fish, you have trout hoppin all over the lake.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just got my own column in F&H news....I listed webster lake in the article I hope those trout don't slow down to much before it comes out ....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts